Ruth Eckenstein, RN, B.S., BSN, M.ED., MSN is the founder of Health Careers Education Consulting, LLC. With 30-plus years in nursing and health care education she has extensive experience in developing, improving and accrediting programs.
“Well designed programs built on sound educational strategies lead to the development of top-notch healthcare professionals. We build successful health career education programs using proven educational strategies. Contact me to develop strategies for success.”
Ruth’s experience includes:
- Ten years of nursing practice serving in various positions including House Supervisor of a major hospital and Director of Nursing of two nursing homes.
- Teaching practical nursing and health careers for fourteen years at Francis Tuttle Technology Center where she pioneered the first self-paced LPN program in the U.S.
- Serving as an Accreditation Agent and Health Care Education Consultant. She facilitated nursing and health-careers education programs providing evaluations, program improvement plans and team development counseling in support of Oklahoma’s 29 Technology Centers.
- More than fourteen years at the Oklahoma Department of Career Technology, where she participated in accreditation visits, inspections with accreditation bodies including the Oklahoma Board of Nursing, ACEN, and CAAHEP and faculty support.
- Authoring three textbook support publications:
- Study Guide to Accompany Christensen & Kockrow, Adult Health Nursing, Mosby 2003
- Virtual Clinical Excursion, Foundation of Nursing, Christensen & Kockrow, Mosby 2003
- Virtual Clinical Excursion, Adult Health Nursing, Christensen & Kockrow, Mosby 2003
- Developing instructor support material and reviewing other authors materials for publishing companies including Delmar, McGraw-Hill and Elesevier.
- Serving as an active member of the Elsevier/Mosby’s LPN Advisory Board and the Elsevier Career Advisory Council.
- Interim Director of Nursing of nursing education programs
- Acting Dean of Nursing of nursing education programs
- Senior Director of Academic Affairs